Wednesday, August 17, 2011

On le go....

Although I always wish I had my camera, I never bring it. I blame this on two things. 1) I try to carry nothing in my purse. Should anything heavy or abnormally large find its way in, it is in the form of a baguette. 2) Although I am not a tourist by definition, I am still one by trade. I like to pretend this is not the case, and therefore my camera stays in the case. On those moments that I deem memorable, my Blackberry steps in to immortalize it.


Please look closely to see the gum that is sitting on the edge of the gutter. I accidentally dropped it there when emptying out a backpack for a hike. It looks at me everyday and smiles (with very white teeth I might add -- and most likely fresh breath as well).

This poor chien was spotted on an evening stroll. But it does the beg question, "How much is the doggie in the window?"

Fighter jets over the Seine on Bastille Day

Just a little ole Chateau on AWG's June hike

This is as bad as it looks. This wooden window was a product of the city custom fitting a plank in the middle of the night to take the place of the window that had been broken. As I lay in bed thinking I was listening to multiple cars being broken into on a Saturday night, little did I know it was just Paris municipal services cleaning up the glass and hack-sawing a custom-fit fix -- at 3am. If only they were this quick with paperwork, and this efficient with ANYTHING else.


Perfect French chat.

Just a little stroll past Fontainebleu...

No, we didn't fail to mention Matt's newfound fatherhood. This adorable bebe is Luchian, whose proud parents are dear friends of ours (at the American Hospital -- yes, there is one in Paris!).

Rambouillet chateau -- ending point for my AWG hike last week.



1 comment:

  1. You're killing me with the hike photos, Ashley. Thinking of all my hiking buds.

    ReplyDelete